I’m pretty sure you all heard about the arrest of Joaquín Guzmán Loera aka El Chapo. One of the worlds most notorious drug lords. For those who don’t know, here are some facts about him
- He’s been called the “Osama bin Laden of drug trafficking” and is known for his meticulous and brutal style of business. He’s stayed out of prison by bribing officials, police and just about anyone else that could give him up to the feds.
- El Chapo was born into a poor rural family and lived six hours away from the closest city.
- At 15 he started selling cocaine on his own and quickly made enough money to support his entire family. He built his mother a sprawling home in their rural hometown. She’s a devout Catholic and “the only one who can change one of his decisions with a word.”
- Guzmán spent 1993 to 2001 in a Mexican maximum-security prison before escaping, but his stint was nothing like those of his fellow inmates. He brought in cocaine and women, turning the prison into a “five-star hotel.”
- He is the first man to be named “Public Enemy No. 1” in Chicago since Al Capone. His cartel transports upwards of 4,000 pounds of cocaine into Chicago every month, where it makes its way across the U.S.
He was arrested last week and among some of the things that were recovered, there were exotic pets; lions, a white tiger, gold machine guns, more than $1.5 Million in cash, exotic art collection etc. See photos below and give us a cool point if you like this post.
Facts Via ibtimes